18 Mar WE ARE HIRING!
WE ARE HIRING
Position: IT Support Engineer.
Job Type: Permanent (Full time).
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits: Company mobile. Company laptop. Travel expense of 45p per work mile.
Holidays: 23 days plus a paid Christmas period and all UK Bank Holidays.
Requirements: 2 years or more experience within a similar role. Full UK driving license is essential.
Company Background: Apex Computing Services Ltd is a well-established Computer Services Company, which was established in 2002. Our clients cover a wide range of business and education establishments. We pride ourselves on creating a great working environment and investing in our employees and as such, have a very high staff retention rate.
Position: We are currently recruiting for an extra member to join our IT Helpdesk Support Team. The work will be a mixture of office-based work at our Office in Altrincham and onsite support at customer locations around Manchester and the North West. We offer an excellent working environment with a friendly team of professionals, in good quality offices, with parking for all employees.
We support businesses and schools working hours therefore, you will need to be available from Monday to Friday – 8:45am – 5:30pm. Including occasional overtime for installations or cover customers’ requirements, paying double time for any agreed overtime.
Roles and Responsibilities:
– Being responsible for the resolution of 1st line and 2nd line customer support by resolution of incidents.
– Organising and implementing customer desktop, server and network systems.
– Troubleshooting and reacting appropriately to client requests and systems alerts.
– Proactively planning, maintenance and support for clients IT systems and IT strategy.
– Actively seeking opportunities to improve clients IT systems and IT operations.
– Conducting client site visits for support and system development projects.
– Maintaining strong client relationships and delivering excellent customer service.
– Completing assigned tasks on time and managing own workload.
– Communicating progress and issues both internally and to clients.
– Administrating duties including client maintenance and support.
– Performing all activities that are required to fulfil the client’s needs and requests.
￼Required Skills and Experience:
– Technical support experience, knowledge of Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003/2008/2011 and Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 environments, networking and systems troubleshooting and resolution. (Gained as an IT helpdesk analyst or IT systems administrator).
– Experience of delivering support and technical expertise to end users face to face, over the telephone and via remote support software.
– Strong system, software and hardware diagnostics, fault finding and problem solving ability.
– Experience of server implementations, device imaging and deployment, firewall and WAN technologies.
– Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server and other Messaging Environments.
The Person: You will need to have excellent communication skills via face-to-face, telephone and email, you must be able to converse with non-technical people without technical jargon and be able to build and maintain good relationships with clients, colleagues and suppliers. You must be able to manage and priorities your own workload to be able to work within tight deadlines.
As well as being both self-motivated and self-disciplined, you will be able to remain calm under pressure and be a tenacious problem solver who understands when issues should be escalated. You will be eager to learn with ability to self-teach in areas of uncertainty. Finally you should possess a strong customer service ethos with a hunger to develop and improve your experience