Datto SaaS Protection is a backup service for Microsoft Office 365 protecting data and helping companies meet legal and compliance regulations. Microsoft Office 365 already has its own backup service but can be very restrictive in retrieving lost data.
Microsoft makes sure your data is available but their support team have to be called to recover any lost data if it falls out of the retention date range. This is set to 14 days but can be changed by an admin to only up to 30 days.
As compared to Datto, which has the following advantages:
- Datto SaaS Protection retain data in three levels of deletion. The backups are automatic and are completed at least 3 times a day.
- Admins can take any additional backups at any time which is something Microsoft does not do.
- Datto SaaS Protection does not have a limit on retention times so backups are easily restored.
- OneDrive files can restore using version history to restore old copies that have not been deleted. Once they are deleted, they are no longer retrievable.
- Datto will backup Office 365 files multiple times per day – This includes OneDrive files and folders, email, SharePoint, contacts and calendars.
- It can restore files, emails and calendars to the end user or to a different location if needed.
- Datto has built in data encryption.
To find out more about how Datto can help your business, get in contact with us today.